Fall is when we get our fill of many varieties of fresh organic squash. Fortunately the flavors are wide ranging. This makes for numerous dishes that celebrate the season.
Delicata squash is a favorite of many including myself. Yes, it is better than butternut! I discovered it only recently and I can not get enough.
Try this simple recipe for Delicata Squash and you may end up going back to purchase more, several more.
- Delicata squash
- Olive oil
- Butter if you like
- Garlic powder
- Chili powder
- Cut Delicata squash in half length wise and spoon out the seeds.
- Olive oil the edges and bake in oven open side down on baking sheet, 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and turn open side up.
- Coat inside and rim with olive oil or butter.
- Evenly season with garlic powder to liking.
- Evenly season with chili powder to liking.
- Squeeze fresh lime juice over squash evenly to liking.
This is one amazing flavor!