When purchasing Apple Cider Vinegar, those in the know go straight for the Bragg’s. The Bragg company is a long standing, highly knowledgeable company that is family owned to this day. Paul C. Bragg opened the first health food store in America in 1926. Although he seems to be known for telling a few tales about the specifics of his life, the products from this company stand with great integrity as pure organic living products.
*There may be other companies who produce a similar healthy apple cider vinegar that will also provide the following health benefits but Bragg is my choice.
Purchasing cheap Apple Cider Vinegar that looks clear in it’s bottle will NOT achieve the health results written about in this article. Pasteurized apple cider vinegar has had the “Mother” removed. It is the “Mother”, the cloudy particles, that contains the vitamins and probiotics that achieve the health benefits. When using apple cider vinegar, gently tip the bottle back and forth before you pour to insure you are getting a bit of “Mother” in each serving.
This unpasteurized vinegar carries no risk of E.Coli. The acidity of the vinegar kills it.
For the remainder of this article I will refer to apple cider vinegar as ACV. Keep in mind I am always talking about unpasteurized ACV which contains the “Mother.
- ACV is Antibacterial. A regular dose will help prevent infections and bad bacterial growth within your body.
A dose is considered to be 1-2 teaspoons ACV in 8 ounces of water.
*1-2 teas. organic raw honey, 100% maple syrup, blackstrap molasses or 4 drops of the herb stevia can also be added to make the mixture more palatable.
*For an added boost and fantastic flavor squeeze in 1/2 of a lemon.
DO NOT APPLY FULL STRENGTH ACV DIRECTLY ON TEETH OR SKIN. It can be damaging to both. It must be diluted.
ACV Also Does the Following
- Sore Throat and Bad Breath. A gargle of 1/4 cup ACV and 1/4 cup water can eliminate bad breath. Use this gargle 3X daily to eliminate a sore throat, until soreness is gone.
- Balances PH levels. A daily dose or as needed can achieve this.
- Prevents Acid Reflux. A dose before each meal.
- Aids Digestion. Due to it’s probiotic content of healthy bacteria.
- Fights the Common Cold. Three to four doses daily until symptoms are gone. It will fight infections, and cold and flu viruses (among others). It reduces mucus and sinus congestion.
- Kills Candida Yeast! Candida thrives in an acidic environment. ACV’s naturally occurring enzymes kill yeast and foster an alkaline environment.
- Lowers Cholesterol. ACV reduces bad LDL and boosts good HDL.
- Regulates Blood Sugar. A study showed anti glycemic properties of the acetic acid found in ACV can lower blood sugars of type 2 diabetes patients overnight and prevent morning spikes. Take a dose before bed.
- Lowers Blood Pressure. Acetic acid helps eliminate cholesterol and triglycerides in blood vessels that cause thickening, hardening and narrowing of artery walls and it boosts circulation.
*Acetic Acid (from Latin “acetum” which means vinegar)
- Supports Liver Detoxification. Enzymes act as a binder helping the liver to dump toxins. And…
- Stimulates Lymphatic Drain
- Aids Calcium Absorption. Good for bone density and strength.
- Supports Weight Loss. ACV aids in metabolizing glucose and prevents the body of overproducing insulin which can make you crave sugary and high carbohydrate foods. A study in 2005 showed ACV increased feelings of satiety (feeling fuller longer).
- Has Antioxidant Effects. ACV helps neutralize free radicals that damage cells causing cancer and signs of aging.
- Clears Acne. *See my post on Bentonite clay. It is mixed with ACV to make an antibacterial, drawing facial mask.
- Promotes Healthy Hair and Scalp. Use the dose as a hair and scalp rinse. It restores PH levels, exfoliates the scalp and prevents dandruff and itchiness.
- Increases Mood and Energy.
If you would like to know more about the Bragg company and their products, click on the link to their website provided below.
Please do not forget to “like” this post for it’s quick concise info! Thank you!